Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Vintage Lunch Boxes

It all started at Christmas.  My brother in law gave me a vintage Planet of the Apes tin lunch box. From that point on something has began to grow in me.  If you know me, you know I collect vintage 80's stuff.  By stuff I mean 80's movies, movie posters, toys and general memorabilia.  I find, like a lot of people, the older I get the more interested I am in the things I had when I was a child.  I have never been a big fan of the tin lunch box but the more I research the product the cooler they become to me.  They are also not cheap!  Each day, month and year we lose more and more of these cool relics and they only increase in value.  The art in my opinion is amazing and would be awesome if I could find the original art.  Does anyone know where any of that stuff went?  Well, in the past month I have been lucky to purchase a few more and thought I would share them with you.

This ET lunch box is from the original movie date stamped 1982 by Aladdin.  The drawings on all sides are amazing!

One of my favorite flicks from the 80's is Gremlins.  This is from 1984 and made by Aladdin.  I found this lunch box in Aurora Oregon. Aurora is a small town in Western Oregon that caters to antiques and has many antique stores.  It is worth the drive if your looking for antiques for your home or business.

This Rambo lunch box was found with the ET box by my brother in law at a local antique/junk store. It is from 1985 made by Thermos.  It's amazing what treasures you can find hidden in your local junk store. It's also amazing what junk that should be thrown away you find too!  Feel free to email me if you have a lunch box your interested in selling or giving away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That E.T. lunch box is pretty sweet, but I just love the Gremlins one. I remember watching that movie over and over again when a was a little kid...I think I thought it was kind of scary or something. I hope you post something about your new lunch boxes on here.

Seth_Van said...

I will be posting another article about my new lunch boxes in the next couple of days!

Post a Comment