Sunday, February 27, 2011

Vintage Toy Pick This Weekend!

Hey everyone!  I got the chance to hit the town of Eugene Oregon this weekend and visit some of the comic book shops that I don't normally get to.  In my searches I came across a really cool comic shop called Nostalgia Collectibles.  It is in downtown Eugene and actually sits behind the Smith Family Bookstore on the corner for Fifth Street and Willamette Street.  You would almost miss it if it wasn't for some old comic posters tapered to the side of the building.  I found this store to be very cool and unique.  I am told by the shop curator that they are the only shop in Eugene that buys vintage toys like the ones below.  I was ecstatic when I found this out.  I have spent many hours bidding on toys on Ebay only to lose at the last second to someone else.  This is my place to find a lot of the old toys that I have been searching for from my child hood.  Don't be swayed. They also have many comic books, new and old, character busts and other various fandom to meet any geek's needs.  Favorites of mine have been collectin TMNT or also know as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and He-Man Masters of the Universe action figures.  No, these are not "man dolls" like some of my relatives like to call them.  I have posted some pictures below and their names.  These toys are loose, not in a box or on a card, and surprisingly come with most of their accessories.  Enjoy!




















0 comments:

Post a Comment