Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Lunch Boxes For The Collection

Can you call this a collection yet? As I look to my shelf I have exactly seven old school tin lunch boxes mostly dating 1974 to 1985. The more I research these things the more I am appreciating what they are and the fact they are becoming more rare each and every day. I was lucky enough to purchase a couple more this weekend from a local antique store. The first one is another Planet of the Apes from 1974. This exact box was recently featured on the television show American Pickers. The box and thermos was picked for around $40.00 and sold for $100.00. I recently followed an auction on Ebay and a set sold for $500.00. I am now the owner of two of these boxes and hope to add thermoses to them in the future! My second box is from 1977 and features the original Star Wars: A New Hope film. I also was able to purchase the thermos so this is a complete set.


I am really looking forward to finding more old school lunch boxes and who knows maybe I will have a collection like this guy someday?  I am not sure how my wife would handle this though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment