Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Frozen: The Review

It has been about 24 hours since my first viewing of this film and I just gotta say, WOW! If your looking for a film to scare you without the crazy hockey mask killer lurking in the shadows or the child's doll that comes to life, then you are in for a classic treat! The story is simple: 3 young adults are stranded on a ski lift on the side of a mountain in the arctic cold in the middle of the night. Now, if you have ever been skiing then you will automatically relate with this film. I believe even if you haven't, the honest reality of the situation will still keep you on the edge of your seat for the next 90 minutes. The questions that kept rolling through my mind is what would I do? Could I jump out of the seat to the snow below? Could I wait it out until the next morning or freeze to death stranded hundreds of feet in the air? I'm not going to spill the beans. You will have to watch the film yourself to find out if they make it out alive or are ravaged by the pack of blood thirsty wolves circling them from below. One quote I read was "This movie does for skiing what Jaws did for swimming". I don't know if I agree with that quote but if your looking for a scare without all of the bloodshed then your in the go for this film. One more thing I do like is that this was more of a small, independent film that found it's popularity in many different film festivals this past year. I only recognized one actor, Shawn Ashmore also known as "Iceman" from the X-Men films. Why couldn't he just shoot an ice sled out of the ski chair and everyone could slide down and live happily ever after?  A great film and 90 minutes of terror!  I give it 4 out of 4 pizzas!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW. That trailer is pretty intense. Maybe I should watch this movie.

Post a Comment