Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Science Project

No, i'm not in school. I just watched the funny/sci-fi film "My Science Project". This is definitely one of those films that you forget about over time but return to watch it to bring back that nostalgia of watching it 25 years ago. I'm a sucker for old 80's film, especially comedy and sci-fi. Spare me the romance or adventure, although, "Jewel of the Nile" wasn't all that bad. Get better Michael Douglas. This film stars such actors as (is it sad I had to look them up on IMDB when I just watched it?) John Stockwell, Fisher Stevens, and the great Dennis Hopper. I'm not the worlds biggest fan of Dennis Hopper but I think the role he played in this film really wasn't that far from reality for the guy. I just remembered that Fisher Stevens was actually on the last couple seasons of LOST and how could I forget the "Short Circut" movies. The general synopsis of the film is about a high school student that needed to make a science project. Instead of making one, he goes to an old air force junk yard and finds something that looks like it could be a cool project. Needless to say, it is one of the best science projects in history! I wanted to post the trailer but could find it nowhere online. Instead this is a clip from the film to wet your appetite. If your looking for brainless humor wrapped up with a joke here and there then grab some popcorn and enjoy the ride.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

My science project was a pretty awesome movie-I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. However, the nostalgic aspect of the movie doesn't really exist for me, seeing how I wasn't alive in the 80's...

Post a Comment