Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Star Wars Deleted Scene Debacle

Unless your a geek like me, you probably haven't heard about this news. Once a year the "Star Wars Celebration" is held in Southern California. From my limited knowledge, I believe it is a giant convention where Star Wars nerds meet and have a good old nerdy time. At this years celebration it was announced that all of the Star Wars films would be released in 2011 on the Blu-Ray format. With these releases comes deleted scenes. In introduction to the announcement George Lucas (I.E. Director) and Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) joined the stage and played this deleted scene from "Return of the Jedi". It is supposedly a different introduction scene into Return of the Jedi. FYI: Watch it while you can. Seems like Youtube is removing these clips via Lucasfilm.



Everything is fine and dandy except for one thing, these remarks from Mark Hamill.



Take what you want from it. I think it could be a fake person playing the role of Luke Skywalker in the deleted clip. What I find funny is all of the online folks in an uproar over this. I love Star Wars more than the average guy but who really cares anyways? It's a scene we have never watched before! It's something different, something new! I am hoping they eventually film a new trilogy with Mark Hamill as old Luke Skywalker. I think that would be cool!

0 comments:

Post a Comment