Monday, January 10, 2011

Something new to collect!


Hey everyone!  I thought I would make a quick post about some new stuff I have started to collect lately.  For Christmas I got a 1974 Planet of the Apes vintage lunch box.  It is identical to the one in the photo and amazing it has lasted as many years as it has.  My personal box has more wear and tear as is the one in the photo is mint or near mint condition.  To my limited knowledge about lunch boxes, they do not make them in tin anymore.  I believe they are mostly plastic with a sticker pasted to the box.  I'm curious to know how these old lunch boxers were made.  They were obviously made well to be able to outlast the years.  I also recently picked up the He-Mean lunch box from a local comic book store.  Having looked both of these up on Ebay, they can be a fortune!  I like them more for the movie memorabilia side of things and the craftmanship.  If anyone has any thoughts or info please share below!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What I think is cool is how many lunch boxes inspired by movies there are to collect. Fluffy once gave us an old lunch pail-I think it was actually a He-man one too. I wish I still had it.

Seth_Van said...

Looking back on this comment I eventually got that He-Man lunch box from her. It was totally marked up but I took a magic eraser and it shined up in no time! Wish I could post pictures in this reply...

Post a Comment