Monday, March 28, 2011

New Star Wars Lunch Boxes

If you read my earlier post I attended Shelby's Collectible Toy Show over the weekend and was able to purchase a couple of vintage Star Wars Saga lunch boxes.  A couple of months back I purchased an original 1977 Star Wars: A New Hope lunch box and thermos.  Since then I have been looking for The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi lunch boxes to complete the set.  Their are a couple of problems with this. First of all these boxes were made in the early 1980's and released when the films came out.  Secondly, it is more rare to find boxes that are in good condition.  The boxes that you can find online and in antique stores are generally pretty worn and used and almost always never come with a thermos.  I bought my first Star Wars box in an antique shop and then bought the thermos from Ebay.

I was pretty stoked to find a vendor at the Shelby Toy Show was actually selling both lunch boxes with the original thermos in near mint condition!!  They even have the original instruction still inside!  When I saw them I thought "God these are going to be at least $50.00 a piece".  When I asked the guy how much and he replied "$25.00 each" I almost fell to the floor.  This find was a complete steal!  I could not believe it and feel very blessed to be the new owner of these boxes.  I think that these kind of lunch boxes are unique in the fact that they don't just appeal to fans of old lunch boxes but they also appeal to Star Wars collectors.  In fact the guy I bought them from said he got them from a lot of Star Wars collectibles he purchased from someone.  You can check them out below!








0 comments:

Post a Comment