Sunday, November 6, 2011

New Lunch Boxes!!!!!

It has been forever since I have purchased any lunch boxes! It's not that I haven't been anywhere that has sold any but a lot of the time it is either something I am not interested in or they are way too expensive! The past 2 weekends I have had the opportunity to visit the Portland Expo Center for 2 different events. The first was the Portland Antique Show. From what I understand it is one of the biggest antique shows in the USA. Then this weekend I visited the Portland Indoor Garage Sale event. People were selling everything from tools to clothes to electronics. Both shows were very cool and I highly recommend them. For more information you can visit the Expo Center website here.

As most of you know by now I am a huge Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan. I had the chance to purchase a plastic blue lunch box complete with a thermos. It is made by the Thermos brand from 1989. As you can see it is from the cartoon series although I did see another one that was from the 3rd live action film also. It is in used condition but fair overall. I am not a huge fan of plastic lunch boxes but sometimes certain themes are only in plastic.

Next is a He-Man: Masters of the Universe plastic lunch box. It is blue also and comes complete with a thermos. It is made by the Aladdin company and dated 1983. I also own a couple of the metal ones from 1984 which you can see here. I believe the thermos was very similar or identical between both lunch boxes but I am not certain. Still very cool!

Lastly is my ET thermos! I had originally purchased a really nice ET lunchbox but it was missing the thermos. I had looked online and different stores but couldn't see paying $20-$40 for a single thermos. I was in luck this weekend! I found a very clean thermos for $2.00 at the indoor garage sale! Woohoo! The lunchbox below is not mine but one I found online. The thermos is the one I purchased yesterday.

There is the Shelby Collectible Toy and Rose City Collector shows happening in 2 weeks so we will see if I can pick up anymore sweet items in the near future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment