Thursday, June 30, 2011

New TMNT and He-Man toys!


This past weekend my family and I had the opportunity to scour Portland Oregon for any and all Comic Book/Toy shops in the greater area.  I must say there are many shops in Portland and I don't know my way around that well.  Thank God for Google Maps and my oldest daughter navigating from the back seat of our mini-van.  Today I want to talk about 2 new and very cool shops that we were able to visit and then show you some cool pics of my purchases.

Our first great stop was at a store called Billy Galaxy.  You can check out their website here or visit their Facebook page here.  Billy Galaxy is located on Burnside St across from Powell's Bookstore. Billy Galaxy is my dream store!  From what I can tell they deal specifically in toys from the 1950's to the 1980's.  Vintage Star Wars to He-Man to many toys you won't recall until you are once there. Yes, I was in Heaven because he did have quite a few He-Man toys and even some Ninja Turtles. Unfortunately the prices were a little high so I did not buy much but I do recommend this shop for anyone that is looking for older vintage toys or general nostalgic things from years ago. Below is a picture of the He-Man horse "Stridor" I purchased from there and a couple of Ninja Turtles also.



Our next stop was in Beaverton at a shop called Mad Max's Heroes and Hobbies.  This place I have been trying to visit forever and it has always been closed.  I guess on Saturdays they don't open until the mid evening.  Me living about 80 miles way makes it kinda hard to show up at night but I was in luck this time around!  I first heard of this shop from a college student at OSU who had similar interests in comics etc.  She said that if I was looking for action figures that this was the place to go to.  She was right and it was worth waiting for this place to open because he had a TON of action figures, comics and cards of all liking.  There I was able to pick up some more Ninja Turtles including a rare "Krangs Robot Body" toy.  Heroes and Hobbies is a very cool store but be aware of there hours and call ahead especially if you don't live around Portland.  You can check out pictures of my purchase below.



I also wanted to thank my father and brother in law.  They came across some Ninja Turtles on a recent trip to an antique shop and brought me home a few.  The antique shop is on the coast and I find a lot of the turtles have sand in them and missing parts but it's still great to have them.  One in particular I am fond of is a turtle called "Beach Combin Mike".  He is very cool and one that I have not seen very often.  I also picked up a duplicate of "Chief Leo", a Native American turtle at Heroes and Hobbies.  I already owned the Chief but it was incomplete so this was a great chance to pick up a whole one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment